Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

« A Rainbow of Colors | Main | 'Faded' Pastel Tennies for Spring »

March 31, 2014

Comments

Margot Silk Forrest

Actually, that little sprayer worked very well -- I just should have used it to cover the whole bag! I got mine at an Ace hardware store for less than $10.

wearinbeads

I hope some day I get to spraypaint my purses. Well, most of them. fun!!

Margot Silk Forrest

Leanne, I love taking your mom's classic bags and seeing what my imagination comes up with. One day I'll have to do a blog revisiting all the results of her rich legacy. She was one classy lady!

Margot Silk Forrest

Angela, your clutch may be only one color, but it's one GORGEOUS COLOR! (Lumiere's Pearl Blue) I'll post it on our blog next time we do Fans' Shoes.

Margot Silk Forrest

Leilani -- I TOTALLY agree. Rarely does a shoe or bag end up the way I first imagined it -- and 99% of the time, it's better! (We won't discuss the other 1%....) Remember the time Marci Tilton did a presentation based entirely on projects that had gone wrong and what she did after the mistakes? The end results were fabulous.

Leanne McWaters

I love what you did with my mom's old purse! How fun to see it transformed! Congratulations!

Angela Steen

Very nice. My painted clutch is only one color but it's a color I love! Ive sent a picture to Margo in an email. Keep painting!!!

leilani

Fantastic bag! It now has a wow factor it might not have had if your first idea had worked out. don't you just love when that happens?! Serendipitous mistakes is how I like to think of it.

The comments to this entry are closed.


Welcome!

Join us and have a blast transforming your shoes and bags into fabulous -- and unique -- creations!

Website

Online Store
THE SASSY FEET! BOOK
ABOUT US

Destiny Carter (top) and Margot Silk Forrest are the mad scientists and creative geniuses behind Sassy Feet, the DIY craft site about transforming ordinary shoes and bags into wearable art. For their story, click here.
WHY "GLITTER SWEATSHOP"?
As you might know, we invented a glitter glaze that works on leather, manmade leather and fabric. It comes with a bottle of paint base and a little packet of glitter. Now, someone has to open the big jars of glitter that come from the glitter elves and spoon just the right amount of each of the 21 colors into their packets. Being the head honcho, Margot is that someone. Problem is, she's not the tidiest person in the Western hemisphere and after 20 or so packets, there are a lot of microscopic (but fetchingly sparkly) particles of glitter in her hair, on her cheeks, and decorating her nose. One day someone came in during this process and remarked, "This place looks like a glitter sweatshop!"